MGM SLAMMED For “Sick And Disgusting” Post Vegas Shooting Ad

The Las Vegas Resort company MGM is being slammed for what is being called a “sick and disgusting” commercialization of a tragedy.

MGM International aired a new 30-second television commercial just weeks after the deadly mass shooting in the country’s history. The shooting took place from the company’s Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino.

Here’s the commercial:

“I saw an ad for MGM properties on TV using the tragedy as a reason to spend money with them…. SICK AND DISGUSTING!!!!” wrote one commenter on Twitter.

“Are you monetizing off a mass shooting?” wrote another, writes The Wrap.

A spokesman for the company wouldn’t comment on the commercial, or the flood of negative reaction.

The 30-second spot is called “Together We Shine” and combines images from MGM’s resorts to the tune of “This Little Light of Mine” by Odetta.

Inspiring messages appear on the screen like “Together We Shine,” Together We Are One” and “Together We Rise.”

To cap it off, the end shows the logo of MGM Resorts and the hashtag “#VegasStrong.”

The Wrap reports that the ad was hastily created as a replacement for a previous spot, “Welcome to the Show,” created right before the shooting.

That spot was considered too “festive” given the mass shooting, so it was pulled.

But the new ad isn’t ingratiating anyone.

The MGM Resorts #VegasStrong ad seems oddly capitalistic in the wake of a horrific tragedy,” Photographer G.E. Anderson wrote. “Maybe ban guns from your hotels and screen bags.” (The resorts already have a no-guns policy, by the way).

“How dare you use the attack on innocents for gain,” one user wrote. “Disgusting!”

Another wrote: “Tasteless promoted tweet. Zero mentions to tributes to victims, just an ad for your resorts.”

Another simply asked: “Are you monetizing off a mass shooting?”

Meanwhile, the security guard who at first went “missing” after cancelling several press appearances, finally appeared on Ellen DeGeneres’ show to explain what happened on Oct. 1 – and say he wouldn’t be giving any more media appearances.

Jesus Campos was wounded by Stephen Paddock, minutes before the gunman sprayed gunfire on concertgoers at the Route 91 Harvest Festival from the 32nd floor of the Mandalay Bay Resort Casino.

Paddock killed 58 people and left nearly 500 concertgoers wounded. It was the deadliest mass shooting in modern US history.

Campos had been in the building, patrolling the halls when he was sent to check on a door on the 32nd floor. He used the stairwells to get there, but couldn’t get past a barricaded door and had to use the elevator.

“There was metal bracket holding the door in place,” he said.

He said he called security dispatch to report the blocked door and that’s when he heard drilling sounds.

“As I was walking down, I heard rapid fire.” Campos said. “And at first I took cover. I felt a burning sensation. I went to go lift my pant leg up and I saw the blood. That’s when I called it in on my radio that shots have been fired.”

Paddock shot through the door, striking Campos in the upper right thigh.

“And I was going to say that I was hit, but I got on my cell just to clear the radio traffic so they could coordinate the rest of the call.”

While hiding in a doorway, Campos alerted a hotel building engineer who was called to check on the door and a woman who came out of another room.

He thanked first responders, medics and members of the community who helped everyone in need that night.

“Everything puts pieces together on how everyone came together to help that night even in the darkest hour,” he said.