Weinstein Sex Scandal Hurts Michael Moore and Quentin Tarantino Projects

Hollywood film makers Michael Moore and Quintin Tarantino are facing serious problems now that Harvey Weinstein’s sex scandal has hit the news.

Funds and talent have drained from the Weinstein Company since several women came forward to report on Weinstein’s long history of sexual assault and rape.

The Weinstein Company owns the rights to Moore’s upcoming anti-Trump documentary Fahrenheit 11/9. The documentary uses a play on Moore’s previous success, Fahrenheit 9/11 which criticized President Bush and the War on Terror.

Without the Weinstein Company’s financial backing, the film could fizzle out, as several of Moore’s recent documentaries have done anyway.

Moore was looking forward to a promising theatrical release for his latest film next month. Now, it looks as if the film will have a limited audience if it’s even released at all.

Weinstein was so adamant about promoting Moore and funding Fahrenheit 11/9’s release that he made it a top priority.

The Daily Caller reports:

Films by left-wing documentary producer Michael Moore and bloody movie director Quentin Tarantino are now in jeopardy, according to a number of Hollywood outlets. Talent agencies and actors are fleeing the Weinstein Company along with funds, and the company finances are now “dire” as it braces for a flood of lawsuits, Deadline/Hollywood reports.

[…] The Weinstein Company bought the worldwide rights for the anti-Trump film under their Fellowship Adventure Group and they were to bankroll the launch. Those funds now appear to be in doubt.

Harvey and Bob Weinstein — who co-owned the 2004 document — have revered Moore for the last decade.

The Weinsteins were such fervent supporters of Moore’s new anti-Trump documentary, they proudly told Hollywood last spring when they announced the anti-Trump doc, “There is no greater part of what we can do right now than to have the power to bring Michael Moore to a mass audience,” according to Variety.

Quentin Tarantino, too, enjoyed Weinstein’s favor. According to Deadline Hollywood, “Tarantino has made his movies with Harvey and Bob Weinstein through his career.”

The loss of funds might explain Tarantino’s weird remarks made in response to hearing that women came forward to report that Weinstein was a sexual predator and rapist.

Rather than denounce Weinstein as a monster, Tarantino said he was “stunned and heartbroken about the revelations” on his “friend for 25 years.”

The Guardian reports:

Quentin Tarantino has broken his silence on the scandal surrounding his friend and longtime collaborator Harvey Weinstein, declaring himself “stunned and heartbroken” by the allegations of sexual assault and abuse by the producer.

The director made his comments via the Twitter account of Amber Tamblyn on Thursday, Variety reports. The actor said that Tarantino had asked her to share a statement on his behalf after the pair had a “long dinner”.

The statement read: “For the last week, I’ve been stunned and heartbroken about the revelations that have come to light about my friend for 25 years Harvey Weinstein. I need a few more days to process my pain, emotions, anger and memory and then I will speak publicly about it.”

Tarantino was more concerned about the predator than his victims.

That could be because he knows his next big project is now in Jeopardy.

Tarantino is currently working on a film about the Manson murders. Like Moore’s anti-Trump documentary, the Weinstein company was slated to distribute the film.

Moore and Tarantino would they still have a friend in Weinstein if he wasn’t caught and revealed to be the monster he is. Unfortunately for them, he was.

When filmmakers suffer because victims come forward, you know there’s something wrong with Hollywood.