The United States will continue assessing the situation in the Gulf of Oman following an attack on two oil tankers, the White House said in a statement on Thursday.
U.S. President Donald Trump “has been briefed on the attack on ships in the Gulf of Oman. The U.S. Government is providing assistance and will continue to assess the situation,” White House press secretary Sarah Sanders said.
Photo shows oil tanker on fire off the coast of Iran after apparent attacks https://t.co/3h7RYGjonb
— Mil/Def Insider (@MilDefInsider) June 13, 2019
Advertisement - story continues below
Here’s what we know so far about the suspected attack in the Gulf of Oman:
– two oil tankers damaged
– incident near Strait of Hormuz
– oil surged surged on news
– 4 tankers sabotaged last monthhttps://t.co/qsBhdi3KR6
— Bloomberg (@business) June 13, 2019
Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers' newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.