This should surprise absolutely nobody.
Conservative Review reports that a new Justice Department/Department of Homeland Security report commissioned by President Donald Trump has been released, and it contains a statistic that should absolutely dominate the immigration debate currently raging on Capitol Hill.
Advertisement - story continues below
Out of 549 people who have been convicted of international terrorism — just convicted, mind you, not including people merely suspected, still awaiting or undergoing trial, or not-yet discovered — from September 11, 2001 through 2016, 402 of them have been confirmed to be foreign-born immigrants to the United States.
That’s a whopping 73 percent. Oh, and that’s not to say the remaining 27 percent aren’t immigrants, too; it’s simply that the feds have not been able to verify their origins. And then, of course, CR’s Daniel Horowitz points out that on top of all of this the question remains as to how many of the native-born in this group are immediate descendants of recent immigrants from the Middle East. The key takeaway, Horowitz sums up, is that “terrorism is an imported problem based on a completely voluntary policy of immigration.”
As we’ve chronicled before, immigration from Islamic countries was just a trickle before the ’90s, averaged about 50,000 a year in the ’90s, grew to 100,000 a year in the last decade, and became as high as 179,000 a year over the past few years. When you import the Middle East in large numbers, it is impossible to achieve assimilation, and we are left with … the values of the Middle East.
Finally, as a more general measure of importing the criminals of the world (not necessarily related to Islamic terror), the report notes that from October 1, 2011, to September 30, 2017, a total of 355,345 non-U.S. citizen offenders were arrested by ICE for purposes of removal after previously having been convicted of an aggravated felony. It makes clear the fact that the number of criminal aliens is likely much higher because the sanctuary jurisdictions, which have the largest populations of illegal aliens, refuse to cooperate with federal authorities, limiting their ability to identify and apprehend the perpetrators.
Between this report, the study showing that “Dreamers” are 884 percent more likely to commit a crime, and the DHS inspector general report demonstrating lack of screening among the 2.37 million illegal aliens released by ICE, we have a national emergency. Yet at yesterday’s DHS oversight hearing at the Senate Judiciary Committee, all the senators cared about was promoting the very amnesty agenda that has led to the theft of American sovereignty and compromise of our national security. Even the Republicans only referred to this report as an afterthought, as a plea for some security in return for the main course of amnesty.
Advertisement - story continues below
On a related note, readers may recall that despite liberal screeching to the contrary, the Senate Judiciary Subcommittee on Immigration and the National Interest confirmed that at least 60 terror convicts hailed from Somalia, Libya, Yemen, Syria, Sudan, Iraq, and Iran — every country on Trump’s infamous temporary travel ban list.
Disgracefully, though, it appears not even this information is enough to convince leaders in the GOP establishment to cut the crap, acknowledge that we don’t need to “negotiate” a damn thing with open-border Democrats, and pass real border security and immigration enforcement using just the votes of the Republican majority and whichever Democrats fear being on the wrong side of stopping terrorists in the midterms.
Donald Trump’s election was nothing short of a miracle that gave America a stay of execution. But it’s becoming clear that he is not enough. Can we count on future elections to grow the ranks of serious politicians willing to fight to end this insanity? Share your predictions in the comments below.
Facebook has greatly reduced the distribution of our stories in our readers' newsfeeds and is instead promoting mainstream media sources. When you share to your friends, however, you greatly help distribute our content. Please take a moment and consider sharing this article with your friends and family. Thank you.