Liberals think their policies help the poor and middle class, but the truth is just the opposite:
Advertisement - story continues below
Liberals have a lot of perverse incentives to keep as many Americans poor as possible and they respond to those incentives in a big way.
1) Overuse Of Welfare Programs: Americans are a generous people and most of us are fine with having a safety net that helps people who get down on their luck. The problem with liberals is that they do everything humanly possible to turn that safety net into a hammock. They oppose limiting the amount of time people can be on the programs along with drug testing and work requirements. Obviously, encouraging people to get comfortable on the dole is bad for the country, but it’s even worse for the people involved. It’s one thing to get in a tough spot, take assistance for a few months, and then get back on your feet. But, spending years or even decades on the dole? It’s a trap that will make you dependent on the government while utterly ruining you as a human being. …
Stop the censors, sign up to get today's top stories delivered right to your inbox
2) Supporting Illegal Immigrants Instead Of American Workers:While there are certainly Republicans who’ve been paid off by the business lobby to support illegal immigration, Democrats almost across the board are in favor of allowing as many illegal immigrants as possible into the country. If illegals were primarily taking jobs as reporters, college professors, and lawyers, liberals would ferociously oppose illegal immigration. But, since they’re taking jobs that would otherwise go to poor Americans, liberals don’t care. … Few policies would do more to put poor Americans back to work than getting rid of the foreigners who are breaking the law and cheating the system in order to steal their jobs away.
3) Fighting FOR Criminals, Not Victims: It’s a disgrace that there are Americans who can’t let their kids play in the yard out of fear of drug dealers on the corner, drive by shootings, and roaming gangs. Crime makes it harder to raise your kids, decreases property values, and stops people from moving freely around their neighborhoods. Rich and middle class Americans generally don’t have big problems with crime because they don’t have liberals “helping” them and so, they simply won’t tolerate it. So, it’s the poor Americans saddled with liberal “helpers” who suffer the most because of crime. Yet, liberals seem to spend all of their time worrying about THE CRIMINALS, not the people they’re robbing, raping, and murdering…. It’s not the gang bangers, drug dealers, and cop killers who deserve sympathy from liberals; it’s the people they’re victimizing. If only liberals could understand that.
Advertisement - story continues below
4) Fighting To Keep Poor Americans Out Of Good Schools: Liberals have fought hard to keep poor Americans in lousy, failing schools. It certainly doesn’t have to be that way. It was George W. Bush who greatly expanded access to charter schools via No Child Left Behind, a policy that has in practice mostly benefitted poor Americans. Furthermore, it’s conservatives who support school vouchers that would enable poor Americans to send their kids to many of the same elite, private schools rich Americans choose today. On the other hand, liberals want poor kids trapped in failing schools because giving them the option to flee would take money out of the pockets of their teachers’ union allies. … That’s why If you’re a poor American with a kid stuck in a terrible school system, the biggest hindrance you have to getting your child a better education is the American Left.
5) Killing Job Opportunities For The Poor: Ronald Reagan was spot-on when he said, “The best social program is a productive job for anyone who’s willing to work.” Yet, liberals work incessantly to make it harder for poor Americans to find jobs. As the CBO confirmed, Barack Obama’s proposal to increase the minimum wage to $10.10 per hour would cost 500,000 jobs. In D.C. big box stores like Wal-Mart were targeted with a new law that would force the companies to pay 50% above the minimum wage. As a result, Wal-Mart decided not to build six stores in an area which cost thousands of people much needed jobs. Because of Barack Obama’s liberal policies, there areactually a million less Americans working today than there were the day he took office even though our nation’s population has grown by almost six million people. Since the poor have less experience and fewer job skills, Obama’s job-killing policies are tougher on them than any other group of Americans. We need to do everything possible to make it easier and more likely that businesses will hire poor Americans, not set up even more policies that keep them from getting jobs.
Do you agree that liberals policies often hurt the poor more than they help?
Assunta Solow says
I just want to tell you that I am all new to weblog and really savored your web-site. Most likely I’m planning to bookmark your blog post . You absolutely have fabulous article content. Cheers for sharing your website.
Louisa Echevaria says
fantastic points altogether, you simply gained a new reader. What would you suggest about your post that you made a few days ago? Any positive?
Jaimee Hryniewich says
Its like you read my mind! You seem to know so much about this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I believe that you could do with some to power the message house a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.
Ken Ruggiano says
Oh my goodness! a tremendous article dude. Thanks Nevertheless I’m experiencing issue with ur rss . Don’t know why Unable to subscribe to it. Is there anyone getting identical rss downside? Anyone who is aware of kindly respond. Thnkx
Levi Tuck says
I do agree with all the ideas you’ve presented in your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Still, the posts are very short for starters. Could you please extend them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.
Margorie Mcmillian says
My brother suggested I might like this blog. He used to be entirely right. This submit actually made my day. You can not imagine simply how so much time I had spent for this info! Thanks!
important link electrician san diego ca says
Woah! I’m really loving the template/theme of this blog. It’s simple, yet effective. A lot of times it’s tough to get that “perfect balance” between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you have done a fantastic job with this. In addition, the blog loads extremely fast for me on Internet explorer. Superb Blog!
Colin Kraut says
I have been surfing online more than 3 hours today, yet I never found any interesting article like yours. It’s pretty worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all website owners and bloggers made good content as you did, the web will be much more useful than ever before.
moved here electric service says
I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is needed to get set up? I’m assuming having a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very web smart so I’m not 100 certain. Any recommendations or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
weblink electrical repair says
I am curious to find out what blog system you’re using? I’m experiencing some small security issues with my latest site and I would like to find something more safe. Do you have any suggestions?
Katelyn Amesquita says
Fantastic items from you, man. I have take into accout your stuff previous to and you’re simply too fantastic. I really like what you’ve obtained here, certainly like what you’re saying and the best way during which you say it. You are making it entertaining and you still care for to stay it smart. I can’t wait to read far more from you. That is actually a terrific web site.